My numbers are good but I have a slight tinge of green

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi All - Been a TFP member for years and always follow the guidance. I have the TF100 kit and I think all my numbers are good but over the last week my pool has started to have a slight green tinge to it. I can see the bottom very clearly but when I look from one end to the other it has a bit of green to it.

I do have salt but it's been so unusually hot here the past week I've been supplementing with bleach to keep the FC high.

FC - 8
CYA - 60 if I glance at the dot and 40 if I focus on the dot
PH 7.5
Salt 3000
TA 40

The best step to do is perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. That will tell you if you truly have something other than UV that is consuming your FC. Your FC of 8 is suitable for your CYA of 60 so it still may be some algae though.

Is there anyway you might have copper in the water? If you overshoot your target FC dissolved copper could cause a green tint. Do you see any staining?

Definitely do the OCLT test first though.

Reactions: Mdragger88
If it is algae that is making your water green, then it is in the water. Not necessarily hiding under your ladder. But if you have kept your FC up, I'm thinking it is not algae. The OCLT can help rule it out for sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No heater and the walls don't feel slimy. Maybe I can post a pic later this evening. I feel like it may be the ladder mat. I kind of want to forego it since it's a little green underneath but nervous that the kids jumping off the ladder will rub the liner and maybe tear it. It seems like a lot of folks use ladder mats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.