My "New" Pool in SCHERTZ, TX

That's looking great! FYI - If a natural gas heater is in your plans, make sure that the equipment pad gets extended to the left side, as the heater will have to be at least 4' from the window, due to the exhaust. Just wanted to make sure that was considered before they poured it right under the window and you couldn't use it.

--Jeff

Reactions: mnmpizza
That's looking great! FYI - If a natural gas heater is in your plans, make sure that the equipment pad gets extended to the left side, as the heater will have to be at least 4' from the window, due to the exhaust. Just wanted to make sure that was considered before they poured it right under the window and you couldn't use it.

--Jeff
Great thank you! Not planning on a gas heater, but will ask for them to move it over just in case! (y)

What are soil injections?

They are called soil stabilization injections if you want to search more info about it. :giggle:

We have very expansive clay soil here and to help stabilize the soil they can inject a chemical 8' into the ground below the pool and decking area to minimize the movement of the soil. It was something that was highly recommended by my pool builder. With my pool being kinda long at 40', the extra stability from the injections help with any stress I had that the pool would move or crack.

Attachments

• IMG_3226.JPG
    IMG_3226.JPG
    867.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3231 2.JPG
    IMG_3231 2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: Nikilyn
:wave: Hi everyone, I'm still here! Inspector decided to show up today... we passed :whoot:

Now we are hoping a spot opens up for gunite, or we are looking at mid-November. :shock:

Everyone KEEP CALM and SWIM ON

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Argh... I feel your pain as well. Was supposed to have plaster today. A plumbing issue has delayed my pool almost 2 weeks. I really need to update my build but I never have enough time.

I hope you’re not in a holding pattern too much longer.

We had mosaics in our last pool and I thought they were so fun. We’re trying to keep costs down so those were on the cut list. I did tell my husband they could be my Christmas presents 🎁. They just make You smile when you see them 😊.

Reactions: TexasRain
We had mosaics in our last pool and I thought they were so fun. We’re trying to keep costs down so those were on the cut list. I did tell my husband they could be my Christmas presents 🎁. They just make You smile when you see them 😊.
He will be my little buddy ☺

• Love
Reactions: Nikilyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.