My "New" Pool in SCHERTZ, TX

Most people lean away from the Globrites because they use a proprietary niche (i.e., you can only ever use Pentair Globrites). The MicroBrites use a standard 1.5" niche which gives you a lot more options for what you can use in the future.

Reactions: TexasRain
I went to a NPT tile distributer to get samples. LOVE that place! 🤩 So, when I got home I took some picture of my tile choices in the sunlight at different angles.

The black 6x6 tile is the waterline tile (Elements-Carbon). Also using this tile for a swim lane dashed marker and cut in half for a border around 3 sides of the pool.

The pool finish will be Pebblesheen Blue Surf. NPT did not have PebbleTec samples, so I got a sample that was kinda close.

The help I need is picking a toe tile for my steps/shelf/bench. I love black and both of these choices are very shiny in the sunlight. One obviously has a bunch more bling. 😁

Black 1x1 (OceanScapes - Mavericks)

Multi color 1x1 (Equinox - Aurora)

IMG_2806.jpgIMG_2807.jpegIMG_2809.jpgIMG_2810.jpgIMG_2813.jpgIMG_2814.jpg

Last edited:
I have searched this forum and there are a few threads comparing the lights, but very little pictures of the globrites that I can find. I am thinking it doesn't make a huge difference for us because the lights will be along the long side and only need to shine 10 feet across, also the pool is only up to 5' deep. The Microbrites save me like $80 or something so I was thinking...that is another chair or something for outside! LOL

Reactions: S S

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The other tile shows a lot of purple in the sun.
Thank you! And yes, the purple is what is making me go back and forth...I don't think I'll love it against the blue finish. I am getting a larger sample of the blue surf from PebbleTec in the mail on Monday, so I'll take some more pics that show them right up against the Blue Surf finish.

Reactions: kcarlile
You're doing better than I am at picking finishes! I've narrowed it down to two pool finishes and two tiles, but I keep going back and forth. Our dig starts on Monday, so we need to make a decision soon. We're going to see a few pools next week to look at the pool finishes and finally make that decision. We're currently leaning towards the lighter finish and bluer tile. I just have a fear of the water color clashing with the blue tile, so that's why I have the other option (it just sort of blends). I've seen some pools with the darker finish and they have a greenish-blue water. So, I worry that the blue tile wouldn't work. I'm sure that I am way over thinking this!
bodhi2.jpg tielfinish.jpg combotile.jpg

You're doing better than I am at picking finishes! I've narrowed it down to two pool finishes and two tiles, but I keep going back and forth. Our dig starts on Monday, so we need to make a decision soon. We're going to see a few pools next week to look at the pool finishes and finally make that decision. We're currently leaning towards the lighter finish and bluer tile. I just have a fear of the water color clashing with the blue tile, so that's why I have the other option (it just sort of blends). I've seen some pools with the darker finish and they have a greenish-blue water. So, I worry that the blue tile wouldn't work. I'm sure that I am way over thinking this!
View attachment 156051 View attachment 156052 View attachment 156053
I think the little bit darker tiles on the left will stand out more while the lighter ones will be a lot more subtle. I think the lighter gray finish might have a more turquoise appearance, but I'm not sure. Personally, I would go with the darker choices. :giggle:

We also took our tile samples and put them in water in our pond (not exact because you cant see them against the pool surface)--but it allowed us to see the colors in water, with the sun at different times of the day--we went with completely different choices after doing this.

We also took our tile samples and put them in water in our pond (not exact because you cant see them against the pool surface)--but it allowed us to see the colors in water, with the sun at different times of the day--we went with completely different choices after doing this.
Good Idea! Just have to find some water to put them in...maybe a kiddie pool?

Reactions: S S
So I got some of my samples today. I put them underwater (shallow little tub in my kitchen) and now I don't think the purple is bugging me as much. @kimkats Design Queen ;), I don't think you voted yet (more pictures of the toe tile above in #24) I'm pretty sure I know which way you will vote, but would love your input! Thanks!

* The PebbleTec square sample is Blue Wave their new color-the large pebble version of Blue Surf. I like how much darker the plaster gets in the water!
IMG_2865.JPG

You rang??? HI and sorry I am just now seeing your thread! LOVE your style and what you have done so far!!!

Look at those pretty tiles I DO have a pick and am betting you might be surprised which one I am picking............the darker one....see I do not care for the yellow/orange/gold color in the one between the two blacks...........the one with the purple in it IS my fav!! Next would be the black one and it is a very close second to the shiny purple one so you can't go wrong.........but nope on the one with the yellow color in it.

LOVE your design. I can tell you have done a lot of reading so far! Well done!

Kim:kim:

I am picking............the darker one....see I do not care for the yellow/orange/gold color in the one between the two blacks...........the one with the purple in it IS my fav!! Next would be the black one and it is a very close second to the shiny purple one so you can't go wrong.........but nope on the one with the yellow color in it.

Thanks!! The thing is the color ones are all from the same tile sample, the toe tile will be only one row of tiles, so i cut up the samples. I won't know how much of the yellowy ones would be there??? and they are not always yellow looking, depends on the viewing angle and the angle of the sun...so iridescent! Me and my older daughter are leaning towards the black ones, My husband and younger daughter like the multicolored ones! Ah dilemma, but I have the final say! :giggle: ;)

They don't look yellowy in this picture 🤷‍♀️
IMG_2809.jpg

Thanks!! The thing is the color ones are all from the same tile sample, the toe tile will be only one row of tiles, so i cut up the samples. I won't know how much of the yellowy ones would be there??? and they are not always yellow looking, depends on the viewing angle and the angle of the sun...so iridescent! Me and my older daughter are leaning towards the black ones, My husband and younger daughter like the multicolored ones! Ah dilemma, but I have the final say! :giggle: ;)

They don't look yellowy in this picture 🤷‍♀️
View attachment 156612
We are also doing the NPT equinox tile in amber rust - I looovve it!!! I will say the sample looked pretty different from what they actually had in stock - so you may want to ask to see what they have if you have specific iridescent colors you want. Here’s a pic of our sample vs real tile - the sample has a lot more greens and yellows, the actual has more pinks and blues! We still love it, but it does give a different overall color.

Attachments

• 2344D9FC-EEFB-4F6E-9E87-E250CF540CA3.jpeg
    2344D9FC-EEFB-4F6E-9E87-E250CF540CA3.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 34

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.