Feb 16, 2012
Winston Salem NC
FC = 4
CC = 0
TA = 40
CH = 80
CYA = 20 (maybe just a touch less)
PH = 7.2

These are my latest results, taken this afternoon. It has rained here off and on for two days, but prior to this test it had been sunny for about 6+ hours.

My question.... asside from a few items being too low, is there any reason to be make immediate adjustments? I assume that my PH is a little low (was 7.5 last week) could be because of the rain (additional water) over the last two days? Also, my CYA is below the recommended levels for a salt pool, but I am running the SWG at 25% and the pump at 1300rpm for about 6 hours per day. Given this, my FC is still at 4. Should I still up the CYA?

For what it is worth, my water is very clear, and I am happy with the way it looks!!!!!!

Thoughts?

The low TA will help hold the pH from drifting up too quickly due to the SWG.

You probably could lower your % even more and/or shorter your pump run time if you raised up the CYA some ... no hurry if the FC is holding.

Ok... After a few months of owning the pool, I have done nothing other than brush it and put the tiger shark in. I do vacuum manually occasionally when I need an excuse to have a few beverages.

With that said, my Ph stays at 7.2. My TA has held at 40. Is this normal? Honestly, I have only added CYA within the first few weeks and done NOTHING else.

Sounds like you have hit a nice equilibrium if your FC is staying in range.

Likely your could make your SWG cell last a little longer if you raised the CYA and lowered the SWG output.

This dang pool is working me to death....

Friday night I had to add 160 lbs of Salt to satisfy my SWG. I also had to add 6 lbs of CYA (never got it up to recomended level to begin with).

This is a joke...
I am very happy that $20 worth of Salt and $24 worth of CYA are the only thing I have put in the pool since it was first opened. We have had lots of heavy rains over the last month or so, so I have had to drain it down several times resulting in the low salt and CYA.

I am loving the fact that my pool has been Trouble Free so far!

head gamez said:
This dang pool is working me to death....

Friday night I had to add 160 lbs of Salt to satisfy my SWG. I also had to add 6 lbs of CYA (never got it up to recomended level to begin with).

This is a joke...

:hammer: Had me going for a second!

TA is still at 40, and Ph is still 7.2. Is it really supposed to be this easy, or am I in for a rude awakening?

FC was 4.5 tonight, with no CC.

I did not test CYA since FC was holding nicely. SWG is set to 25% and pump is running 8 hours at 1200 rpm.

Am I missing something?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good morning.
While you have some numbers that may not quite fit the parameters we suggest, I wouldn't change a thing.

You are obviously on top of your water management and what you are doing is working close to perfection.

Your pool is a good example of how important it is to understand what test results mean.

You simply cannot plug in the suggested parameters from poolcalculator and expect your pool to magically remain crystal clear. You have to learn the meaning of the tests and how to identify and manage the problems that your test results may indicate.

You also have to know when to leave well enough alone which is exactly what I would do with your pool. Nice work! :goodjob:

Thanks Dave!

I know my numbers aren't typical, but this site has taught me a bunch! One of the things I learned was that if it is working, then leave it alone (as long as it won't bite me downstream)! Honestly, I owe it all to the site. I stumbled on TFP while googling vinyl pool builds as I was anticipating mine to start. After that, I learned that all the stuffy friends had told me was all wrong. I learned that when my dad said to buy "shock" a SAMs or Costco, to ignore it. He has a pool and "shocks" it every week. Ha!

I have added CYA and salt to my pool and brushed and put the robot in. This has really been easy, and without this site, I would have probably ended up all out of whack.....

Thanks to everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.