My IGP is crystal clear. Having a stamped concrete patio installed and anticipating messy water as a result...

terryt5231

Jul 26, 2020
Highland, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I've seen installation videos and photos and I expect that a considerable amount of concrete dust will enter my brand new clean pool 😭. My thought is to put a solar cover on the pool throughout patio work, and run the filter 24/7.

Any thoughts or suggestions otherwise? I would be happy to hear about anyone else's experience in this arena.

Thanks very much!

I would vacuum often. Anything that lands on my solar cover eventually gets into the pool when I roll up the cover on the reel. I had concrete work done around my pool right before a vinyl liner replacement. I thought no big deal if the concrete bits from the cutting of the current concrete got in the pool since all the water and liner would be removed. I forgot about the fiberglass steps. They became stained with what looks like tiny rust spots that won't come out.

I would vacuum often. Anything that lands on my solar cover eventually gets into the pool when I roll up the cover on the reel. I had concrete work done around my pool right before a vinyl liner replacement. I thought no big deal if the concrete bits from the cutting of the current concrete got in the pool since all the water and liner would be removed. I forgot about the fiberglass steps. They became stained with what looks like tiny rust spots that won't come out.

Thanks for the info. My steps are inside the pool, so my solar cover will...cover them. I will plan to run my robot vacuum a couple times per day too. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.