My flagstone is eroding, chipping and black

Whisper2120

Mar 3, 2019
Texas
Can someone suggest what to do to keep my flagstone from eroding? Am I supposed to seal it? It's chipping on top, cracking between the stones and has black spots that won't come off. I'll post pictures tomorrow. I just don't even know what to do.

Flagstone is known for this. It is oh so pretty but it is a "flaky" stone. Some are worse than others. You can seal it but that is a thing that has to be redone every once in a while. As for the black spots have you tried putting a spot of bleach on it to see what it does?

Reactions: JTAZ
Yes I have tried bleach but I am reading that it needs to be soda blasted. Would a local pool store know about sealant or should I go to a pool builder or mason? I don't want to pay someone to come out and do what I can do myself. I want to learn how to care for this pool before it costs me a ton of money! LOL

It will not matter what the person's title is. It will be important they have done the work before. I would call all of the above and keep good notes of who they say is good and who they say is not good. See who falls out as being good by all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.