Sydney Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Soldering the pins as you do sounds like the way to go. If it saves paying for an expensive replacement it might be worthwhile exercise.

Auburn02

Oct 8, 2019
Mobile, AL
I have a feeling by using the cord as a stop gap measure to limit its travel you then will be faced with an eventually premature floating cable problem and the replacements aren't cheap.
Can you expand on this? Are you just saying the cable could fail due to the strain of the robot pulling against it? I guess I'm getting mixed up on the terminology, will the floating cable have a problem or is the problem a floating cable? :unsure:

Does this robot have a floor only setting? If so that may be the only reasonable option. At least when u are unable to babysit it’s operation.
This was my thought as well, my Dolphin S300i does so I'd hope their top of the line does as well.

For the OP, with their newest revisions is the only issue it rolling up on its back like your picture or does it still try to drive out of the pool and still get stuck on the short walls in the beach entry? I agree it should be completely unnecessary to modify a $1500 robot but I'd probably try to fab up some kind of wheelie bar just as you mentioned.

wireform

Silver Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
Can you expand on this? Are you just saying the cable could fail due to the strain of the robot pulling against it? I guess I'm getting mixed up on the terminology, will the floating cable have a problem or is the problem a floating cable? :unsure:
So if it were to be stopped by the length of the cable/wire/floating cable, at the point when it reaches the end of its travel by limitation of the wire it will put undue stress on the very same spot on the wire, right where the wire exits the plastic casing of the robot. Letting that happen time and again will cause the conductors inside to break at that spot.

Reactions: Auburn02