My Dolphin pro died after ten years. What to do?

F,

If that had been my robot, I would already have a new on on order.. :mrgreen:

Look at the S200 from Marina pool and spa.. Ask for Margaret.. Last I checked it was $700 bucks, not tax and free 2nd day shipping.

Talk with Margaret and she can point you to the right robot for your pool... (Not sure S200 is for above ground pools.. :scratch: )

Thanks,

Jim R.

It has the cart where the electronics are. The long thick cord that goes under the water with the robot unscrews at the cart. The on and off switch is on the electric box at the cart. When it was working the switch would light up when you pressed it on. Now no light comes on. I might just need a new electric box.

Filix,

The electronics at the cart is just the power supply.. Most of the electronics is inside the Robot.

If the power switch light is not on, it could just be a fuse inside the supply... I am not sure which power supply you have, the original ones could be opened.. They had a conventional transformer and power supply circuits.. The new ones are all solid state switching power supplies and not repairable.

It can't hurt to open the power supply and see if you can see anything obvious.. A power supply runs about $200 bucks.

I am not sure why I thought you had an AGP... :scratch: I must have misread your signature.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Filix,

That is for sure the old style power supply. The robot itself looks just like the two Dolphin diagnostics I had in rent house pools for about 8 years. I assume yours has a cloth bag???

It would be worth opening the power supply and checking for a fuse (I can't remember if there is one or not). The new style power supply will work just fine on your older robot.

The problem of course is you never know for sure if it is the power supply or the robot..

Do you know anyone in your area that has a Dolphin cleaner?? If so, you could borrow their power supply and see if the robot runs ok.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the same robot. I have a little background in electronics as a technician so I took the robot apart as the power supply was fine.

I found that the desicant pack inside the water tight compartment of the dolphin exploded and all of the contents dispersed themselves on to the circuit board. Ordered the IC chip that was fried and soldered it back in. It worked for three weeks and then decided to quit working properly. It would only run for about twenty seconds and shut down.

Filix,

If you are looking for a new robot, I recommend the Dolphin S200... If you were happy with the Pro, you will be more than happy with the S200.

If you are looking for a new power supply, you can buy one from Marina pool and spa or Amazon... Amazon.com : Dolphin Power Supply : Gateway

Keep in mind you will also need a new AC power cord with a new power supply.. The new supply has the ability to turn the robot on daily, or every other day, or every third day..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.