My Design/Build Thread (Need a Place for my thoughts!)

SN13

Jun 23, 2020
South Florida
I am starting a design with a local Builder. We have a very limited space and are making a pool as large as we can by code/etc.

Overall I think we're ending up around 5-6k Gallons of volume and a Surface area of about 200 SF (10x20 nominal)

I've created a list of items I'm looking at, and I'm sure some are overkill but I want to hear about any reason not to use the bigger/better equipment.

Equipment:

Heat Pump (Pentair Ultratemp 140 460934) $3800 ($4300 for 460958 Heat/Cool) (Thinking of Opting for the Cooler inside the Heatpump)
LARGE filter (Cannister) Pentair Clean and Clear 200 160318 (Is this "LARGE" or is this still too small? Should I go bigger?)
Variable Speed Pump (Pentair Intelliflow VSF 011056) $1100 (How do I know if this is TOO much? not enough?)
Larger Piping 2"+? I believe I need to keep everything 2"+ ?

Items I need to keep track of:

2" Umbrella Sleeves NOT 1.5"
Easytouch 8 slot? Not 4 slot!!!
Two skimmers - Individually Piped back - Prevailing winds come out of the South / East almost 100%. Sometimes from the NE. (Rarely during winter)
Automatic Fill/Overflow (Is this necessary? I hear alot about it)
Exterior Light at Equipment Pad. (A nice thing to have)
Multiple Returns 3+ (I'm thinking ALOT of them. Maybe even upwards of 6)
Nosing Accents on Stairs (So they don't disappear)
Couplings at Equipment Pad (Replacement/upgrades later)
Automation (Not 100% sure what this entails, but trying to keep things Pentair to simplify)
Returns on the Tanning Ledge (I hear that dirt will accumulate without them)
Extra 220v lines by Equipment Pad. (Upgrades? SWG later? Etc?)
Lights on the House-side wall AND one on the shelf. (Patio Side)
Pull additional 120GFI outlets under the patio for future light use without needing Extension cords.
Maximize patio space!

Pool is planning to be about 4.5' deep max as we don't really have the room to slope from kid-sized to deep.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear if there are any items I missed that I should consider?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.