Benkg43

Mar 2, 2021
Richmond,TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last night I turned on the spa blower (in-ground hot tub) and within seconds I heard horrible noises coming from the pool equipment area. The blower had blown off of the PVC pipe it was seated on. I quickly turned off the blower as soon as I heard the noise so little to no damage was done. The blower is still attached to it's power umbilical and still gets power.

My assumption is that the PVC glue applied at time of installation, which is ~5 months ago, lost it's abilities to keep the device attached. Here's my question. Can I fix this with PVC plumber's primer + glue and call it a day? Or is that the wrong fix?

Last edited:
The blower is not glued to the PVC pipe. It either just sits on it or held with screws.

The blower coming off indicates you have some blockage in the air line or jets.

What manufacturer and model blower do you have?

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidArmenB
The blower is not glued to the PVC pipe. It either just sits on it or held with one screw.

The blower coming off indicates you have some blockage in the air line or jets.

What manufacturer and model blower do you have?
Oh man I'm super bummed to hear that -- was hoping this was a quick glue fix. I'll take pics and get model info tonight. Thanks for the assist!

Attached is the Jandy blower installation manual.

1664214154079.png

Attachments

• H0507900-3.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
....and this is why I love this forum. I was completely ready to fix with glue! I'm pretty sure mine is a Jandy. Hopefully this is as simple as the screws backed themselves out over time...
...or it was glued, and shouldn't have been, and now can be fixed with screws ;)

Last night I turned on the spa blower (in-ground hot tub) and within seconds I heard horrible noises coming from the pool equipment area. The blower had blown off of the PVC pipe it was seated on. I quickly turned off the blower as soon as I heard the noise so little to no damage was done. The blower is still attached to it's power umbilical and still gets power.

My assumption is that the PVC glue applied at time of installation, which is ~5 months ago, lost it's abilities to keep the device attached. Here's my question. Can I fix this with PVC plumber's primer + glue and call it a day? Or is that the wrong fix?
I know it's been almost 2-years however can you let me know if you ever identified the problem? I'm having the same issue. After 3-years of working perfectly my blower now blows off when turned on. The check value appears to be working fine and I have no idea how the pipes would have gotten clogged. Any insights would be great.