My AGP had a lot of algae in it. We put in liquid chlorine, algaecidehlorine, algaecide and baking soda. We have the pump running constantly.

Welcome to Troublefreepool.com, Karzzy :)

Algae means you have a chemistry problem....not enough CHLORINE! None of the other items you added do squat for an algae outbreak.
Algaecide is a *preventative*...often a poor one, especially if it contains copper. Eeegads!
Not sure why you put baking soda in?? Was your Alkalinity low?? That has nothing to do with algae either.

How are you testing...which kit?? How do you normally chlorinate??

We need to know:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

What was going on when the pool turned green??

Maddie :flower:

Algae means you have a chemistry problem....not enough CHLORINE! None of the other items you added do squat for an algae outbreak.
Algaecide is a *preventative*...often a poor one, especially if it contains copper. Eeegads!
Not sure why you put baking soda in?? Was your Alkalinity low?? That has nothing to do with algae either.

We need to know:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

We need to know:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. I was trying to surprise my daughter when she came back from a few days away and have the pool crystal clean. (Ain't gonna happen!!)
My husband usually took care of the.pool and did a beautiful job. But, when he got very sick a yr. ago my daughter started trying to do it. (He's in hospital now.)
Last summer we got it clear. This year not so much. So I paid someone to clear it up.
Thus the liquid chlorine, algaecide and baking soda. He said my filter is not performing well and that I should get a sand filter. ( I will do that when I can find a used one.) In the meantime I go down and pump it every hour to keep it flowing. Unfortunately, I know nothing about testing or what kit she uses. I only just found out about this site and I plan on having my daughter go on it when she gets back. I'm sure this site will be a big help to her and will help her get our pool back on track. I wanted the grandkids to have a few more weeks of swimming!
Thanks again for getting back to me.

Welcome to the forum. We recommend the TF100 from www.tftestkits.net ACCURATE testing is imperative and we can speak the same lanfuage and help you enjoy the rest of the summer.

Please add a signature line to your profile listing size, type, liner if any type of pool as well as your equipment so we know what we're dealing with.

Welcome to the forum. We recommend the TF100 from www.tftestkits.net ACCURATE testing is imperative and we can speak the same lanfuage and help you enjoy the rest of the summer.

Please add a signature line to your profile listing size, type, liner if any type of pool as well as your equipment so we know what we're dealing with.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am not
Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. I was trying to surprise my daughter when she came back from a few days away and have the pool crystal clean. (Ain't gonna happen!!)
My husband usually took care of the.pool and did a beautiful job. But, when he got very sick a yr. ago my daughter started trying to do it. (He's in hospital now.)
Last summer we got it clear. This year not so much. So I got someone to clear it up.
Thus the liquid chlorine, algaecide and baking soda. He said my filter is not performing well and that I should get a sand filter. ( I will do that when I can find a used one.) In the meantime I go down and pump it every hour to keep it flowing. Unfortunately, I know nothing about testing or what kit she uses. I only just found out about this site and I plan on having my daughter go on it when she gets back. I'm sure this site will be a big help to her and will help her get our pool back on track. I wanted the grandkids to have a few more weeks of swimming!
Thanks again for getting back to me.
I now realize that I wont be able to get the pool clear and swimmable. I think the problem is with my filter. I have to pump it every hour in order to keep it flowing. I don't think I am going to try to clear the pool this season. Do I keep the filter running even though it is so cloudy. I have a DE filter now. Would a sand filter be better? I am having trouble navigating this site because I am not too technology savvy. Is there any type of Help area on this site?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.