My 1st forum question!

Hi everyone!
Need your help.
I had a salt water pool that I converted to chlorine this year. In a 3 year span, I replaced 2 pumps, 2 cells and 2 control panels.
Inground pool, 25000 gallons, vinyl liner.
I was able to start my pool in 2 days and have clear water. After having it tested 3 times (store) , I'm still stuck with yellow/brown stains on the vinyl.
PH is OK, Chlorine is high for now, Alkalinity is OK. Very low metals, high phosphates.
I have used a phosphate remover, but my phosphate is still around 1500.
The stains change in size, from 10% to 40% coverage of the floor. I'm not sure what is the root cause.
How do I go at solving this? My pool store is not helping me, except telling me to buy gallons of stuff.

help!

Thank you. I will try this. I must admit that I'm having problem stabilizing the pool chemistry since I move from salt to chlorine. The pool stores don't always give me good advice. I think I need to buy a good pool test kit like the Taylor K-2006. Is this a good kit or should I get another set from Taylor?

Thank you. I will try this. I must admit that I'm having problem stabilizing the pool chemistry since I move from salt to chlorine. The pool stores don't always give me good advice. I think I need to buy a good pool test kit like the Taylor K-2006. Is this a good kit or should I get another set from Taylor?
Info on tests ~ Test Kits Compared - Trouble Free Pool
Purchase link for TF-100 ~ TF-100 Test Kit ™

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.