Muriatic acid

amin36

In The Industry
Nov 24, 2017
shahsavar
Guys

I am trying to find muriatic acid to lower the pool water PH.l know that muriatic acid is the same thing like hydrochloric acid but with less concentration having some impurities.the companies I contacted in my country produce hydrochloric acid with concentration between 30%-37%. Referencing pool calculator , I am finding different percantages.for example a company I contactacted only produces 30-32% but the numbers in pool calculator are diffrenet and the only near number in the pool calculator is 29.can I use this hydrochloric acid and choose the number 29 ?

And what is the difference between 31.45% and 31.45% - 20deg Baume hydrochloric acid?

And what do you think about using soda ash instead ?

Thank you so much

Soda ash raises the PH. % is just a number...adjust accordingly. You’re over-thinking it. 30-32% is a little higher than 29, so use a little less, then retest.

Guys

I am trying to find muriatic acid to lower the pool water PH.l know that muriatic acid is the same thing like hydrochloric acid but with less concentration having some impurities.the companies I contacted in my country produce hydrochloric acid with concentration between 30%-37%. Referencing pool calculator , I am finding different percantages.for example a company I contactacted only produces 30-32% but the numbers in pool calculator are diffrenet and the only near number in the pool calculator is 29.can I use this hydrochloric acid and choose the number 29 ?

And what is the difference between 31.45% and 31.45% - 20deg Baume hydrochloric acid?

And what do you think about using soda ash instead ?

Thank you so much
Amin36, Im not a moderator, but I do know this,
Soda Ash isn’t what folks use if they are trying to lower their pH.
You mentioned muriatic acid. the strength isn’t exactly the same as i see on my jug, its very close....i can vouch the hydrochloric acid does work Successfully in lowering pH.
Muriatic acid pH ⤵️
Soda Ash pH ⤴️
Ps don’t get down wind while pouring Acid

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.