cinjohns1015

Jan 13, 2021
Hockley, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,
I have a brand new pool, it rained a weekend and soil washed in the pool. Cant see pool bottom or stairs. The individual that built the pool has dumped shock and acid but it has not cleared. We are on week 2 with no resolution. What shoud they be doing to get this pool clear?

Thanks!

Shock and acid won't do anything to remove the mud or dirt..

Solid items need to be vacuumed to waste, if you have that option..

Cleaning or backwashing the filter several times will help.. The more you run the pump the more that the filter will trap.. Clean the filter and repeat, over and over..

Tell us about your pool by adding your pool's signature.. Go to Settings and then signature.. See mine below my post..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP.
Have you used a vacuum or a cleaner? It would be best to vacuum to waste if you can.
Is your pool water clear and just the bottom is layered with soil?
Also, have you cleaned or backwashed your filter? Are you monitoring the pressure on the filter to determine if the circulation is catching any of the debris?
Provide some more details on your equipment and what has your pool service done other than dump chemicals.

Thank you foe the replies. I havent even had pool school yet we have no idea what we are doing. No, they havent done anything else but dump chemicals, they now put a flock in it and turned off all equipment. Water is not clear at all.
We have pentair 425 filter.

You can't use floc unless you can vacuum to waste.. You can't normally do this with cartridge filter..

Hopefully the pool company will come with a portable pump.. You really do not want the floc to pass through your filter cartridges...

Sorry,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX
No, they havent done anything else but dump chemicals, they now put a flock in it and turned off all equipment. Water is not clear at all.
The purpose of flock is to clump up the debris on bottom to make it easier to vacuum it up however you must vacuum it to waste - not to your filter. Ask your PB if they are bringing a portable vacuum to suck up the debris on bottom and sending it to a catch basin or some other point other than you filter. Keep us posted on what the PB plans to do next.

You may want to ask the PB what chemicals and how much they have added to your pool. Just so you know.

Have you purchased your own test kit yet? You need a good one if you plan to follow the TFP process once your PB is finished his commitment.
See Test Kits Compared
Suggest you purchase it soon so you can start to take over your pool (which is a sizeable investment).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.