Mid Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi! I am setting up my 18 x 9 intex pool with the intex 1200 gph pump and the intex saltwater generator. The tubing that comes with the pump is pretty short and I would like to move my pump and swg a little farther away from the pool and closer to the outlet. Will it adversely affect the pump or swg to have a longer tube to get to/from the pool? I am planning on moving it about five feet. Thanks so much!

it may not, the Intex pump is barely good at 4 feet away.. If moved another 5 feet it should not matter much :)

Oh dear! I know a lot of people talk about upgrading that pump. I have already blown my budget in many ways, so hopefully it will work for me for one season. It will reach the plug where it is, but it seems (1) really close to the pool, and (2) it doesn't seem like a great idea to leave a cord running across the ground (even though that cord is plenty long).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.