Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I am in the process of constructing a new pool fence to keep our dogs out. Long story short, I have devised a way to use the 24" high landscape fencing pieces to do so. The only issue that I am stuck on is the best way to cut off the "legs" of the portion that would normally but pushed into the ground. They are made of metal, but are hollow....so shouldn't be tough. Only downside is there are A LOT of them, so I would like to use something that would be quick/efficient but not distort the cut too much. I am not sure if that makes sense. I have considered using a bolt cutter, but not sure if that would give a "crimped" look where I cut it. So, what would the good users of TFP use? Thanks!! Oh...here is what they look like.

1651242503563.png

My vote is angle grinder. Harbor Freight has one for $15 if you need one.

A Sawzall with a metal cutting blade would laugh at the hollow aluminum but the chintzy spot welds may not hold up to the force. Having to clamp each leg down because of it might make it more trouble than it's worth.

Reactions: Darin and HeyEng
Well, I think my experimental fence worked out OK. Much less obtrusive than the 4' tall Save-A-Life mesh fencing that I loathed. I ultimately used an angle grinder to cut off the long sections and while it was time consuming, it was pretty easy to do.

1651622617765.png

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.