Modern Pool Build in Houston

jennacarly

Sep 1, 2010
We have moved to a new house and are starting our 2nd pool build. The first one at the prior house was a nightmare, with the builder asking for money ahead of schedule, saying they would show up but then not showing, etc. until they went bankrupt. So far the process this time around has been much better. I have selected a builder with a well-known reputation in the area who has been around a long time. They have a great warranty and do almost all the work in house with their own employees. The designer has been awesome to work with.

We signed at the beginning of March but the process took forever because of the strict permit policies of the village we live in. Almost three months later we have excavation completed!

Here is the pool design. I will post pics of the excavation when my daughter comes back with my phone.

Attachments

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Jenn,

Looking good..!!!

I would expect to see a number of post about your UV system.. We don't have many good things to say about them..

How did you sanitize your last pool???

Is your pool's signature about your old pool? I ask because it does not add up with what is being proposed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

jennacarly

Sep 1, 2010
Jenn,

Looking good..!!!

I would expect to see a number of post about your UV system.. We don't have many good things to say about them..

How did you sanitize your last pool???

Is your pool's signature about your old pool? I ask because it does not add up with what is being proposed.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes, that signature is from the last pool. I will update.

jennacarly

Sep 1, 2010
Yes, that signature is from the last pool. I will update.
Yes, I know how the majority of people here feel about UV systems. I had an SWG last time around, lugging the salt bags was no fun just as I am sure that lugging chlorine pucks is no fun. In the old pool I was always adding CYA, salt, and muriatic acid. I am going to try out the UV/chlorinator combo and if I don't like it I can add the SWG on later. It was an upgrade to add the SWG from the get go.

jennacarly

Sep 1, 2010
Another thing...I decided to forgo the in floor cleaner, I had it last time and it could not keep up the leaves and grit from the rock waterfall. I plan on getting a robot cleaner.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

jennacarly

Sep 1, 2010
Excavation complete! Just in time for the storms to fill it up.
IMG_2063.JPGIMG_2062.JPGIMG_2061.JPGIMG_2060.JPGIMG_2059.JPG

I was planning on porcelain pavers for the deck and coping, but when I looked at them outside and stepped on them yikes they were hot. The white limestone on the other hand was super cool. So I will do the limestone for the decking and coping and matching porcelain on the shelf. The spa will be a dark glass tile TBD.

jennacarly

Sep 1, 2010
Steel to start tomorrow. Here are some renderings. Please chime in if you see something I should consider doing differently!King #5_006.jpgKing #5_007.jpgKing #5_005.jpgKing #5_004.jpgKing #5_001.jpgKing #5_002.jpg