Mixed up chemicals

That 2-2.5" of rain could cause additional FC loss.

I am more concerned about your cartridge. As you can see from my signature I too have a cartridge filter. Could it be that your filter media has a tear somewhere? Allowing unfiltered water to blow back into the swimming pool? The first year I came to TFP, I completed a SLAM, but after a week and a half my water was not getting clear. I held my skimmer up to one of my returns and low and behold stuff the filter should have been catching was blowing back into the pool! The cartridge was several years old. I bought a new one, and my water was clear in about a week.

Is your pressure going up over time?

That 2-2.5" of rain could cause additional FC loss.

I am more concerned about your cartridge. As you can see from my signature I too have a cartridge filter. Could it be that your filter media has a tear somewhere? Allowing unfiltered water to blow back into the swimming pool? The first year I came to TFP, I completed a SLAM, but after a week and a half my water was not getting clear. I held my skimmer up to one of my returns and low and behold stuff the filter should have been catching was blowing back into the pool! The cartridge was several years old. I bought a new one, and my water was clear in about a week.

Is your pressure going up over time?
It is holding consistent around 14-15 PSI. I have not seen a noticeable change between cleanings. Normally I spray thoroughly until it looks pretty clear coming out all around (probably spend around 30-40 minutes to clean). Today I sprayed repeatedly in a bucket until the water in the bucket looked fairly clean. After this soak, I will spray down again and see how it looks.

and yeah, I’m thinking a good bit of that chlorine loss was all the rain, and that I didn’t get to check til around 8am due to picking up everything that got blown around the yard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.