MisplaceTexan, Possible New Pool Owner

misplacetexan

Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2016
Baytown, Texas
I currently am shopping around for a pool builder in the Houston Texas area. I live east of Houston. Would just like some recommendation for the equipment that was recommended by my 1st pool builder.

Pool Size: 16 x 34 ft
Pool Depth: up to 67 ft (??? - will be contacting pool builder to find out what this means)
Pool Area: 485 ft²

Filter: 48 sq ft - Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter
Pump: 1.5 HP - Pentair Whisperflo Pump (99% sure will be requesting VS pump)
Valves: Never Lube Valve 2"-2.5"
Skimmers: 2 CMP; 2" Lines Separate Line & Valves. Tann Skimmer Lids to Match Deck
Main Drains: 2 Main Drains - Separate Lines & Valves
Pool Light: 1 x Pentair Amerlite White 500W w/ GFCI (will be requesting LED)
Time Clock: Intermatic Dual Timers
Cleaner: Polaris 280 with Booster pump
Sanitizer: Jandy AquaPure Ei Salt System
Ozone: Ozone Joe Water Purification System (will be requesting this item to be removed off quote)
Inlets: 5 pool return inlets

https://youtu.be/vubK7Ui7eaM

https://flic.kr/s/aHskwkbFKM

Any help or suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Xavier in Baytown, Texas

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Welcome to TFP! :wave: That looks to be a gorgeous project, and you've done a good job with the initial listing. Some solid products there, and you already CANX'd the ozone. :goodjob: Others will reply I'm sure, but I'm not convinced about the 2-main drain requirement. You should get most of your circulation and surface debris removal from those 2 skimmers and return jets, but that's just one opinion. :) Maybe look carefully at the positioning of the 5 return jets. Since you have some subtle curves, there is always the potential for "dead spots" in circulation. Perhaps you may need a couple more returns instead? As for the SWG, the web site says up to 35K gallons. I'll let others confirm that selection. Requesting LED lights - nice. You're on the right track. Welcome!

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
I'm not a fan of single speed pumps. If me, I would upgrade to a variable speed pump, or at a minimum, a two speed pump. Do it now and you can thank me when your electrical bill arrives. :eek:

In the end, the overall cost to upgrade would be minuscule compared to the overall cost of the pool.

Jim R.

ap2002

Bronze Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Houston, TX
Welcome, I'm also in process of starting a build thread, your PB will be doing mine aswell, Im like you trying to do as much research as I can in this great website.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I would also recommend ditching the booster pump and pressure cleaner and getting a robot instead.