Mini SLAM

Oct 23, 2017
Miami, FL
After being away for a couple days, I returned home to see a slight green in my water. Checked the FC and it was around 1. Not sure what happened while I was away. Pump was still running at 4 hours/day. I've brought up FC to 10.5 with liquid Cl. Not sure if my SWG is functioning properly. Cleaned the cells about a month ago.

Here are the numbers:

FC 10.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.8 (after adding Cl, 7.4 prior)
TA 110 (this should come down a bit once the pH lowers?)
CYA 45
NaCl 2800

Started this mini-slam 3 days ago. I seem to winning the battle for now. I will be at work tomorrow and won't be able to brush or vac or test.

Thinking about in the future when we go away for more than a couple days that I drop in a Cl tablet floater just to be sure.

I'm in South Florida where water temps are over 80 and my pool gets plenty of sunshine. Also thinking about maintaining my FC above 10 during the summer.

Thanks for any input.

Let's round your CYA up to 50.............then the SLAM level FC for that is 20. 10.5 won't get you there. Then I'd raise my CYA level to 70 or 80 as we recommend for your SWG.

You should bump your CYA up to 70-80 after your SLAM. If the FC gets close to the minimum, the cell may have trouble keeping up and you'd need to manually add chlorine occasionally to help it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.