Mineral ionizer does it work

jetfan101

Silver Supporter
Sep 18, 2016
Kunkletown,Pa
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I am buying a inground pool kit. They are selling a mineral ionizers. I have in my above ground pool I have now a swg from intex and it was recommended all over here to not not hook up the small plug every one said it will put copper in my water. I have been reading about the basis on the mineral ionizers and said it put copper and silver in the water. Anyone using it how is it doing do you like it? Pro's and con's please

Hey JF !!! I didn’t use it but my neighbor went with a copper system when they were all the rage a while back. My kids were her ginuea pigs and it took a while to pinpoint the rashes to her pool. In the meantime they both got green hair and she has yet to forgive herself.

her pool would have stained like my kids if she continued, but a month or two wasn’t long enough with our abundance of precipitation diluting everything.

To be fair to the systems, on paper copper is a great algae inhibitor. But it doesn’t nothing to kill aglae after the fact, nor does it make the water sanitary. If you have to fully treat it with chlorine either way, Why on earth would you spend money on a system and expensive replacement cartridges just to spend the full amount on chlorine anyway ? Only to eventually stain your pool and swimmers.

To be fair to the systems, on paper copper is a great algae inhibitor. But it doesn’t nothing to kill aglae after the fact, nor does it make the water sanitary. If you have to fully treat it with chlorine either way, Why on earth would you spend money on a system and expensive replacement cartridges just to spend the full amount on chlorine anyway ? Only to eventually stain your pool and swimmers.
I thought it could create issues. I will cancel that mineral ionizer. And go with chlorine it the beginning and buy the swg later. Any recommendations on brand and model

Circupool has many that are the best bang for the buck. If you are going the automation route, stick with one brand so they all ‘talk’ to each other.

The key is that units are rated for 100% runtime. Go 2X larger and you’ll only have to run the larger unit half as much. They have a finite lifespan due to runtime. Going up a size usually gets you 50%+ longer life but only costs 20% more so the financial math works out in your favor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.