Queensland
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron V25
Hi guys I have noticed slight algae growth in my pool and cloudy water. Can you help me out a little.

I bought a test kit from clear choice labs ... Australia here are my results.

Only 2nd time using test kit so highlight issues you may have with results please.

Cya. 45
FC. 6
Cc. 1.5
Ph. 7.8 or 8
Ta. 50
CH 70....???
Salt. Approx 2000

Pool details should be in my profile.

SWG. 35000lt. Cartridge filter

Good job with the proper test kit. :goodjob: So now it's time to follow the SLAM Process. Firs lower the pH to about 7.2, then increase your FC to "20" which is based on a rounded-up CYA of 50 as noted on our FC/CYA Levels. Follow all the guidance on that SLAM Process page and you should do fine. Good luck!

Also, no need to worry about a low CH in your fiberglass pool. You can also leave the SWG off during the SLAM Process and find a place that sells liquid chlorine. Use that to increase and maintain your elevated SLAM FC level. After you pass all 3 SLAM criteria, then you can resume SWG operations. Watch the TA as well. No lower than 50. If it drops more, add a little baking soda to keep it in the 50 - 70 range.

Thanks TS.

I've bought some liquid chlorine I'll try lower the pH... I'll do a search on the forum for best method

Will my Swg help maintain the FC whilst running during the slam process. Also should i raise my salt lvls to 3000?

There has been an indicator on my pump that they're low.

Muriatic acid is the best to lower pH. You can leave the cell on if you wish, just run it like normal though. Don't try to run in boost mode or anything stressful over & over as the SLAM can take several days. As for salt, sure, go ahead and add a bag or two as recommended per the PoolMath APP to stay in your ideal salt range.

Make sure that if you decide to leave the SWG on, that you turn it off before trying to perform the OCLT to determine the end of the SLAM. Otherwise the SWG could mask chlorine loss.

--Jeff

Last night.... Checked pool math and

Added 1 x 20 kg bag salt to get to 3000. low salt indicator has gone.
Added 250mls Muiatic acid
Check pH approx 7.2-7.4
Added 6 x 2lt bottles of bleach 4.2 %
FC was 3 now 20 approx
Scrubbed pool. Vacced pool this morning and scrubbed again
Turned SWG off for now pool is running 24/7

Will check my FC after work and post back.

Missed anything?

Sean
Pick up some of the 10L containers of liquid chlorine 12.5% from Bunnings or pool shop to use during the slam. It will save you time and you won't have to add as much in each time.

Last night went to bunnings Crad . Cheers

So yest morn FC was approx 20 and last night ended up being 5 approx.

My buildup of algae isnt even that significant I was surprised with the drop. But the water quality change was significant.

Added more o bring up to 20 scrubbed vacced cleared pump and skimmer strainers.

Looking forward to results this afternoon.

Reactions: CRAD_oz
So been enjoying clearing this pool up. My water is crystal clear. I want to do the overnight FC loss test tonight and will test CC this afternoon.

Should I still raise my FC to 20 again this afternoon after work like a have been just in case I don't pass the Loss test to ensure I'm still in SLAM mode.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So been enjoying clearing this pool up. My water is crystal clear. I want to do the overnight FC loss test tonight and will test CC this afternoon.

Should I still raise my FC to 20 again this afternoon after work like a have been just in case I don't pass the Loss test to ensure I'm still in SLAM mode.
Yep keep it at 20 FC until you successfully pass all 3 criteria for completion of the SLAM. Otherwise it might set you back.

She's all sweet now guys . Cheers.

Modivation was I have a 3yo that can swim . She loves this thing.

Just added some BS and dry stab to bring lvls up.

Made a venturi running in my right jet to stabilize my pH to 7.6.

Doing a full set of tests tomorrow I do want to get my CH up to normal lvls eventually.

full

Latest tests from this morning ... Any suggestions?

I'm sure I have a slow upward pH creep. I run 2 tests on pH cause I have 2 kits.

I was thinking of bringing cH up a bit more and CYA surprised me only sitting on 60, I added enough to get to around 80 but there have been some water additions due to the summer and my initial tests could've been unreliable.

Fibreglass ,SWG,

FC 6 swg on 60% 6hr run a day
Cc 0
Ph. 7.6 / 7.8
Ta 70
Salt 3600
Cya 60
CH 200

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.