Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Does anybody have any experience or opinions about Migro Pool-Fi Smart Wi-Fi Pool Automation Outlet Box?

Migro Pool-Fi Smart Wi-Fi Pool Automation Outlet Box, Heavy Duty 60A/40A Inductive, 240VAC 10HP Wireless Pump Control Timer Switch, Compatible with Smart Phone, Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT UL Listed… - - Amazon.com

I'm building a new pool (no spa) with Jandy equipment (pump, SWG, heat pump, lights and bubbler. I did not purchase any automation due to budget constraints. I was looking to add an outdoor WiFi switch to control at least the light in the pool and stumbled across this device. From the descriptions, it sounds like I will be able to control on and off functionality of up to 4 devices. What exactly can I control with it? Can the pump and maybe heat pump can be controlled too? I'm a noob when it comes to the pools so I hope it is not a dumb question.

1596494990899.png

1596495051103.png

1596495093165.png

1596495148865.png

Alex,

It looks neat and I'm sure stuff could be added, but as is it will not control any VS pump, nor will it control an automated valve needed for your bubbler.

It could control a pool light, but if it is a color changing light, you will have to manually change the colors..

If you have single speed pump your could also control a SWCG, but if you have a VS pump it would have no way of knowing if the pump is on or not.. This is a safety issue.

Not sure it is needed for a heat pump as "real" automation tells the heat pump what temperature you want the pool to be.. Without automation, you just need to use the heat pump as a standalone unit.

Edit.. Also, I see no knockouts so not sure how you would install it... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

At around $700 that would be an expensive way to control your lights. You don't state which Jandy pump you have, but this would only be suitable for a single speed pump. You could also look at the Pentair IntelliConnect (around $300) that has two relays and can control a heater/heat pump. Ideally you'd want to pair that with an Intelliflo pump & IntelliChlor SWG, but I assume you're locked into Jandy equipment now.

So I should probably just install a WiFi switch to control the light and wait until I can afford real Jandy automation. I'm just surprised there is nothing else available besides Jandy that cost $2500. I have a very simple setup I though and even salesperson told me I wouldn't need to spend that kind of money.

At around $700 that would be an expensive way to control your lights. You don't state which Jandy pump you have, but this would only be suitable for a single speed pump. You could also look at the Pentair IntelliConnect (around $300) that has two relays and can control a heater/heat pump. Ideally you'd want to pair that with an Intelliflo pump & IntelliChlor SWG, but I assume you're locked into Jandy equipment now.
I just updated my signature. :)

You could give Polytec Pools a call and discuss automation options for now or the future. How are you going to wire that WiFi switch to the light?

Last edited:
You could give Polytec Pools a call and discuss automation options for now or the future. How are you going to wire that WiFi switch to the light transformer?

I'm still in the process of building a new pool. The electrician was here a few days ago to take a look at the electrical panel and planning to run a line and hook up equipment and about 3 weeks. He offered to install a simple WiFi smart switch which will allow me to turn on the lights in the pool. I was searching for a more robust, outdoor type switch and stumbled upon this Migro Pool-Fi device not realizing that it will not work with SV pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.