Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Stupid anxiety question here. I want to see if our well water has iron in it and test our city water for the same just for s&g. How do you word the request and then walk away after testing knowing you aren't going to spend anything? I was thinking of playing stupid, saying I'm testing for my husband and he said not to buy anything because it's possible he has it at home... This site has kept me out of Leslie's and I now don't know how to act in one, lol.

Don't be ashamed to have them test and not buy anything. They make PLENTY on testing with those that do buy stuff. I still would not really trust their testing.

Reactions: kne
Relatively painless! My well water has only 0.1 Iron and no Copper. Which makes sense of why I never had any rust issue before last year. I'm thinking it was introduced by the screws that were rusting, or maybe our stainless steel sump pump? I did laugh when I told the cust service person the water was directly from the well and not from our pool and she still recommended CYA and chlorine + shock. This will be all new water this year, and screws so we should be good to go!
20220425_105138.jpg

Last edited:
I did laugh when I told the cust service person the water was directly from the well and not from our pool and she still recommended CYA and chlorine + shock.
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.