Reading PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good morning TFP. My mesh cover rests on the water and there is minimal debris on the water where it is laying. Should I drain the water lower so that it lifts off the water? I am concerned about clear water at opening.
Prior to closing, I did lower the water below the skimmer but precipitation has raised the water level some.
TYIA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 24

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have the same issue. Typically I try to get a sump in the pool to drain it below the cover level.

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Lowering the water would help, but I think your problem is that the cover isn’t tight enough. Some of the straps seem to under different tension than others.

The springs are supposed to be compressed 70-75% and the cover should be flat when it doesn’t have snow, ice or rain on it.

wpturner05

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Reading PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I don’t disagree with you on that. There are a few things at play here. 1- I have a center strap on one side that does not anchor because of a fountain; 2 - when the cover was placed this year, I did notice the springs are at different tension but the company (first time I used them) that I used to blow the lines and place the cover was not thrilled with my oversight. I asked about that and they said ‘nah, it will be fine’ 3- the mesh cover is likely aging at about 12 years old. I bought the house in 2012 and it had been purchased somewhat recently.
My best investment will likely be in a mesh cover but I’m not sure when that purchase should happen

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.