MESH COVER RECOMMENDATIONS

dredey

May 12, 2018
Madison ct
My old Loop=Loc cover is shot. I was quoted $1,100 to repair it. heck no..!!!

16x32 center steps.

Ripped up our concrete deck and replaced with Nicoloc pavers. So would need to drill new holes anyways.

Any recommendations on other manufacturers?

Love our Katchaleaf, but I suspect you’d spend more than $1100 on a new one. A cover is a must for us, as our pool is surrounded by trees. This is my 14th winter to put it on and there’s not a single tear in the mesh, so it’s been worth the investment for us.

Thank you. I've never heard of them.

A pool cover is a must here as well. Trees - Trees -Trees.

I honestly do not want to spend a crazy amount of money as i know it will need to be replaced every few years.

New England winters a tough,

A quality brand safety cover should last many years in NE or other locales. The sun damages a mesh or solid safety cover more than anything. Unless it isn't properly supported with water, then snow can damage it. Or if the installation/manufacture of the cover is not appropriate for the application. Like not having strips on the underside for coping protection, or a second layer below the outer 2' of the cover. Or you have branches falling on the pool poking holes, or deer or elephants running on it routinely. Ok, there are quite a few reasons they can fail early.

How long did your first cover last?

You need to trim back the overhanging trees as nothing will take that punishment. A mesh will allow dirty melted snow and rain soaked leaves to rot and seep into your treated pool water. It will build up and need to be pumped off so why not use a solid cover, keep all the dirt out and pump off from there ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.