Maybe a little help during slam

Daddydoom17

Jun 9, 2020
Northwest Indiana
So we had the water turn about neon green. Started the slam process a couple days ago and the water is now beautiful. However I am a little confused the CC level has just been climbing every day. Now up to what you see below... Yikes.
As I am currently following the slam process should I continue to keep the FC level it let done if this burn off first?
Thanks in advance and yes I have read all the beginner threads of balancing and slamming, multiple times just so it sticks.
FC 22.53
TC 25.81
CC 3.28
PH 7.7
CH 52
AK 108
CYA 83

So we had the water turn about neon green. Started the slam process a couple days ago and the water is now beautiful. However I am a little confused the CC level has just been climbing every day. Now up to what you see below... Yikes.
As I am currently following the slam process should I continue to keep the FC level it let done if this burn off first?
Thanks in advance and yes I have read all the beginner threads of balancing and slamming, multiple times just so it sticks.
FC 22.53
TC 25.81
CC 3.28
PH 7.7
CH 52
AK 108
CYA 83
Welcome and thanks for your full signature!
What test kit are you using?

Your CYA is high, and may need need at least a partial drain to get it to a manageable level. As your pool requires a LOT of chlorine in it's current condition.

Welcome and thanks for your full signature!
What test kit are you using?

Your CYA is high, and may need need at least a partial drain to get it to a manageable level. As your pool requires a LOT of chlorine in it's current condition.

I'm currently having the store run the test for me (I live about a block away & they will run it 2-3 times a day) as I am waiting on my tf100. I tried to add a picture of the test sheet but it kept saying it was too big.
I'm going to drain down to below the skimmer in just a little bit actually.

I'm currently having the store run the test for me (I live about a block away & they will run it 2-3 times a day) as I am waiting on my tf100. I tried to add a picture of the test sheet but it kept saying it was too big.
I'm going to drain down to below the skimmer in just a little bit actually.
Okay, it will take a couple of those actually.

I would definitely suggest to read up about proper chemical levels & balance and the Recommended Chemicals (see links in my sig).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.