May need to replace filter...

courtt0308

Apr 8, 2021
Coral Springs, Florida
So, we have the Hayward Star Clear Plus C1200 Filter Canister. When I went to take the top off to clean the filter, it was VERY difficult to remove and my husband even had a difficult time. Come to find out, the metal rod somehow untwisted from the base and became stuck in the cap and we can not dislodge it and fix it. Anyway, we think we need to replace it. We just changed our SWG to the CircuPool RJ-60 (which is AMAZING and THANK YOU ALL for the recommendations because it has been a HUGE lifesaver). What suggestions do you have based on our pool specifications and equipment we have? Everything else is new and shouldn't need to be replaced anytime in the near future (fingers crossed). Thanks again in advance.

If staying with a cart filter look no further than the Pentair clean and clear plus filter, it has been a rockstar on my pool for 9 years.. I have 2 sets of filters and change them out once a year and clean the old ones... For your size pool get the 320 to 520 size... With that said they are hard to come by right now.. in your area you can probably get away with the 320 and only have to clean it once a year... mine never raises 25% in the year so you should be fine.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.