Mastertemp Diagnostics “Menu”

dmk

May 2, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
To start off, thanks to everyone here. This forum has been an amazing resource.

I had been having internment issues with a new Mastertemp 400 heater, and was able to identify the issue from the diagnostic LEDs on the rear of the panel and the information in this forum.

Fast forward, since the heater is new, I called for service and a Pentair rep came out to ultimately replace the HLS sensor, which resolved the issue.

But while he was here, I noticed he was able to get a diagnostic code by holding Pool on + temp up while the service heater indicator on the front was lit. The temperature display then showed “HLS”.

He said they recently added this functionally. Figured I’d share here, hadn’t seen any mention of this and it’s not in the manual. Maybe it can save others some time.

Or maybe I totally missed something, which is quite possible :)

Cheers!

That’s nice to know.

Pentair always seems to take the position of “maximum obfuscation” on all of their equipment. They literally try to hide, or make impossible to find, any diagnostic information that could help a pool owner get one step beyond “Well gee, that’s not working right 🤔”. I like their stuff, but they take a horribly dim view of their customers with their user interface choices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.