AZBoulder

Nov 15, 2021
AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just found this site and what a great resource!

I have a question about the intellicenter and the mastertemp heater hookup. Are both the 24V hookup to the fireman switch and the COMM hookups necessary to get it working correctly? It seems like the heater already has the transformer built in and would only need the COMM hookup to work no?

Thanks Jim. I have since gone back and looked at my heater and it must have been one of the last of the older configuration made as it does not have the COMM connector but was mfg in March so just the luck of the draw I guess:)

On the sticker with model and serial numbers the date is listed as April 22, 2021, hence my surprise/dismay etc that the unit did not include the COMM connection.

Ok so Pentair responded to me by indicating that my unit was mfg in March. So I sent a note back then about the date on my serial number sticker being April 22 2021 and even then the COMM capability was supposed to be introduced in March anyway? Waiting to hear back again.

Reactions: JamesW
ok so I am still going back and forth with Pentair but in looking at the card in more detail I removed a sticker over one of those green screw terminal blocks that indicated 3 wire connection only. From the manual I assume that is for 3 wire control. Not entirely sure what that is for vs just the connection to the firemans switch. I am pretty sure the COMM connection is missing from the units control board.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still waiting on Pentair however my basic question is now with the missing COMM port I assume the only method for me to hook up to the Intellicenter is via a 2 wire from the Intellicenter 24V 2 wire terminal connection to the fireman's switch as you would do for IntelliTouch and EasyTouch.

@AZBoulder - What does your fenwal controller look like? If you don't have the correct one, the new control board won't gain you anything.

Sounds like you may have gotten one that they were using up old parts on.

The conversion is not as difficult as Pentair makes it sound. You do not need to replace the wiring harness. The new board and the new Fenwal both come with the required wiring. I converted about 2 months ago. Realistically the only benefit I have seen so far is that you can get errors through the Intellicenter, instead of having to open the heater and check the LED's on the board.

Here's my post on it. IntelliCenter and MasterTemp 400 Communication

--Jeff

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.