MasterTemp 400 pipe size

rk05

Jan 20, 2018
cincy ohio
What size pipe are you using on your 400 or even 300 series gas heater and what length?

I've seen Pantair's size chart and had originally thought about going with the 400 but may drop don to the 300 due to the length from the connection point.

Thanks

We are planning now for our September build. I am planning on running 125' of 1-1/2" poly yellow pipe with two steel risers. The cost of anything over 1" becomes a lot more expensive for some reason. Not ridiculous, but, noticeable.

What is the distance?

You might be able to use 2 psi and a smaller pipe and then a regulator near the heater.

Do you know the gas meter size rating and pressure?

The gas meter model number is usually the cubic feet per hour. For example, a 250 meter would do 250 cubic feet of gas per hour, which is 250,000 btu per hour.

I need to measure it but I would be adding the new line where all my other gas items (furnance, H2O heater, dryer) meet because that is the easiest spot to tie in. The distance would be about 40' or less but the specs say 1" good for 20' or 1-1/4" for 100'. I would just like to run the small line due to cost but the 1-1/4" CSST would take care of it.

Don't remember the meter size but the gas company said it would handle it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.