Mastertemp 250KBTU Heater does not refire after reaching Correct Temp

Nov 6, 2018
Melbourne Fl
My Mastertemp 250K Heater starts fine and reaches proper temp in normal time. After the water cools off, the heater does not refire to bring the temp back up to correct temp. If I turn off spa, and turn back on, it works fine, but then again does not refire when cooled off automaticaly. Is this the High Limit switch? Or something else?

No LEDs come on when the heater shuts off. It just stops heating but the blower keeps going till it cools off. My readout on the conroller shows the temp decreasing but it does not refire. No readouts on the front of the panel of the heater either.

Are you using automation to control? If so please try it manually and see if it does the same thing. Can you tell us if anything was done prior to this issue such as maintenance or other repairs or internet issues at your house?

Please also fill out your signature, here's how. This will avoid a cycle of questions from our experts about your equipment brand/models, pool configuration etc.

Thanks.

Chris

Does the heater have a setting for degrees below set point to refire? I think some heaters need to go 2-3 degrees below the set point before cycling on again. It prevents short cycling.

You can jump the fireman's switch to simulate the automation telling the heater to turn on to see if the problem is with the heater or the EasyTouch.

Only do this temporarily and only if you understand exactly what you're doing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.