MasterTemp 250 control panel power off not working

Smac40

Jun 16, 2020
NC
Okay so I had the heater installed about 3 years ago. Earlier this season (2020) the power off button on control panel stopped working but other wise the heater worked, so I started using the circuit breaker to turn it off until I figured out what was wrong.

while we continued to use it at some point it got worse and stopped heating and would randomly display SF0 (or SF1 I forget). Anyway thanks to these forums I ordered a replacement Stack Fuel sensor.

Went to install it today and as i took the covers off I found one set of the control boards wires caught in the top left of the control box cover (pic below). I guess it has been that way since install. Anyway I was surprised that corner of the control box did not have a screw or a screw hole, seems odd assembly line issue maybe? Anyway since it was caught the end of those wires were also disconnect from the control board. So I reconnected and tried heater again. Control Panel was more responsive, yay! Although theater still didn’t start and still showed the SF0/1 so I went ahead and replace the sensor, fired right up!!

$15 dollar fix vs. a control board, yay!

Attachments

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
That control box is where the power connections are made. Whoever installed the heater pinched that wiring harness. Sometimes it pays to just take a look at things that are not working. Glad you found it. :goodjob: