Maryland Builder Recommendations and Ballpark Pricing Guesses

Sykesville001

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Sykesville, MD
Hi all-

About five years ago, we considered building a pool, but got overwhelmed with options/life and decided to hold off - I am kicking myself based upon the prices I'm seeing now compared to then. I'm looking for any recommendations folks have for quality builders and any pricing you've come across. I'm seeing about $80K for the pool and we can add everything else form there - I have $150K in my head...

Thanks-

I’m in Maryland and in process of finishing my new pool. $150K is probably about right but really depends on all of the options. It can be significantly more (as I can attest to) when including masonry, kitchen, landscaping, etc. we also have a spa and auto cover which add a lot to the price.

I live in Sykesville too. We just signed a contract for a new gunite 18x40 freeform pool. Price was about $73k for the pool plus another $16k for heater, swg, cover, lights, water features and a few other options. Due to the grade, we opted for a raised bond beam instead of a retaining wall, so we threw in some water features as well. About $112k all in (for now). Working permits now, and hoping to dig by April.

I wish we did it 5 years ago too.

Didn't see your thread originally. Ours was roughly $100K all in, in 2013. You can see the pics in our build thread link in my signature. We used Vista Pro Landscape & Design and were very pleased. No process goes perfectly but the owner is a stand up guy and that makes all the difference. They are based in Davidsonville. My second favorite PB in the interview process was Elite Pools, but since we had significant hardscape issues due to our slope, I ended up going with a more integrated supplier from that perspective.

Didn't see your thread originally. Ours was roughly $100K all in, in 2013. You can see the pics in our build thread link in my signature. We used Vista Pro Landscape & Design and were very pleased. No process goes perfectly but the owner is a stand up guy and that makes all the difference. They are based in Davidsonville. My second favorite PB in the interview process was Elite Pools, but since we had significant hardscape issues due to our slope, I ended up going with a more integrated supplier from that perspective.
Hey bmore- Just to let you know we spoke to the folks at Vista Pro and were really impressed. We signed contract this afternoon and are excited to have them begin destroying our backyard :). Thanks for the recommendation. If there was any advice/wish-I-would'ves from your build, I'd appreciate the tips.

Thanks again-

Reactions: Newdude
Hey bmore- Just to let you know we spoke to the folks at Vista Pro and were really impressed. We signed contract this afternoon and are excited to have them begin destroying our backyard :). Thanks for the recommendation. If there was any advice/wish-I-would'ves from your build, I'd appreciate the tips.

Thanks again-
Haha, maybe wait a few months to thank me! We had a very good working relationship. I pointed out numerous little things to him during the build, and generally they saved him time/money by keeping any items from compounding. I was an involved homeowner. James is an engineer so you can dig into any item you want with him and get solid answers.

Signing now, what dig timeframe are you looking at?

Haha, maybe wait a few months to thank me! We had a very good working relationship. I pointed out numerous little things to him during the build, and generally they saved him time/money by keeping any items from compounding. I was an involved homeowner. James is an engineer so you can dig into any item you want with him and get solid answers.

Signing now, what dig timeframe are you looking at?
Hey - So our permit was approved last week or so. I think it could have been issued sooner, but the electrical plan seems to have been slow to be submitted according to the local permit office. I've sent several emails and am not having luck getting James to respond. I hope this changes soon. We don't have a dig date or plan yet.

Yes, hope you hear back soon. Glad you got your permit though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.