Marina Supply - Response Time

Jun 7, 2015
Ramsey, NJ
Hi All:
I'm a long time lurker and turned here for recommendations, now that my Polaris 380 has finally died. Reseaching here has led me to the decision to go with a robot from Marina Supply. I've reached out to them via phone and email over the past 24 hours and haven't recieved a response. Anything I should be made aware of regarding typical response time??

Thanks Very Much,
Ron

I recently ordered from their over the phone, and I called midday. They answered right away and placed my order, and it was at my door in three day. So I would say maybe just a fluke.

Ron,

They don't open until 10 am Colorado time..

You have to keep trying.

Once you get them, things move pretty quickly.

I ordered a robot on Friday and it was delivered that Sunday..

Thanks,

Jim R.

We discovered that our robot died upon opening last Wednesday. It was the one we inherited with the house 4 years ago. As I just didn't feel like spending a day researching robots and wanted one fast, I remembered the name Marina Pool & Spa recommended from this site. Called mid-day, got right through and after a couple of quick questions, order was placed for a Warriorr SE. Couldn't have been easier and the robot was on my door step 3 days later.

When I registered the robot online, I even found out I'm eligible for a $50.00 rebate! I'm sure you'll hear back shortly!

Reactions: MA5177

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The warranty is actually through the manufacturer and not Marina Pool.
Many internet sales don’t qualify for the full warranty if you don’t purchase the product from ‘brick and mortar’. Calling Marina by phone qualifies as an in person sale whereas the internet sale doesn’t. The pool equipment industry heavily favors their dealers. Jandy for example cannot be purchased from anyone besides a PB/store. At incredible markup of course. Pentair greatly reduces its warranty when purchased from a wholesale type reseller instead of the pool store with $1k markup.

So yeah, Calling by phone to Marina gets a great warranty compared to many other sellers. :)

Reactions: kimkats
B,

While I agree that the end warranty is provided by Maytronics, in most cases, Marina takes care of the customer first and then works with Maytronics..

When I received one of my robots, it had a bad power supply.. I called Marina and they sent me a power supply the next day. It may just depend on what replacement parts they have on hand.. In any case, I have purchased three new robots and several replacement parts for an older robot that I had purchased elsewhere, from Marina.

When I buy another new robot it will be from Marina, just because of their customer service.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Bootaa
Friend of mine just installed a pool and did not get a robot. Used mine a few times and decided to order one. Gave him the contact info found here, he called, and the same day placed the order. Arrived in two days from Colorado to Illinois. Lowest price anywhere. I'll just echo the same, keep calling. A lot of people from all over the country call that pool store in Colorado to have vacuums shipped all over.

Sadly I've had an order issues (robot was never delivered), and Marina has been very unresponsive. It's been nearly a month and I can't even get a reply anymore. They are clearly a great shop, but also super busy. My unusual issues seems to be a challenge.

B,

While I agree that the end warranty is provided by Maytronics, in most cases, Marina takes care of the customer first and then works with Maytronics..

When I received one of my robots, it had a bad power supply.. I called Marina and they sent me a power supply the next day. It may just depend on what replacement parts they have on hand.. In any case, I have purchased three new robots and several replacement parts for an older robot that I had purchased elsewhere, from Marina.

When I buy another new robot it will be from Marina, just because of their customer service.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I'm going to piggyback on what @Jimrahbe posted as I just got my robot back in the pool in last 30min from repair.

Backstory: I've spent more than a month dealing with Pentair and their warranty/customer service group because my Warrior SE (~8mo old decided to up and die). Pentair sent my warranty claim to my local pool store who is primarily a Polaris dealer/repair center, but are certified as a Pentair repair shop also. My pool store has been great with feedback and status updates, they just don't stock any Pentair parts and are dependent on Pentair to send them what they need to repair it. After getting the run around from Pentair every time I called (a different story with every customer service rep over the course of 3 weeks), I decided to reach out to Marina (Margaret and Seth) for help. They both jumped in and immediately sent me a return label to ship my robot back to them. Knowing this would probably take a little longer to get my robot back and potentially getting damaged in shipping, I called them back and asked if they could ship my local pool store the parts in lieu of shipping the robot back to them and have Pentair replenish their inventory. They agreed to with no problem after a conversation with Pentair. Parts arrived yesterday and I dropped off at pool store and now have a working unit again.

Bottom line: I would 1000% order from Marina again for the customer service they gave when they didn't have to. Kudos and Many Thanks to Margaret and Seth. Know that you will be taken care of in the event something goes wrong. Leave a message, they always call you back.

I’m a newbie, but on advice here ordered my Warrior SE from Marina. I reached out to them via email first to ask questions. They responded three days later. I was ok with that. Then I got on the phone with them to place my order. The robot was at my house three days later. Great service so far, and the Warrior works great so far.

Similar experience here. I initially emailed them, but never received a response. However, they have been good about returning my calls, but it's usually after their business hours. I was finally ready to buy my robot today, but wasn't able to get in contact with them after calling twice. I'm hoping I hear back from them soon.

If it weren't for their pricing, I'd just buy locally.

Reactions: mrthirsty

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.