Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So today I noticed a thumb size indentation in the pool floor. It’s About an inch deep. I went down to feel it and surprisingly it Dosent have any hardness underneath . It actually stretches if I push on it lightly. I didn’t want to push harder because I’m afraid it will rupture. Do you guys think it’s leaking already ? Or is it just a matter of time before it does leak ? It’s a vinyl liner and the pool was installed 2 months ago. What’s going on please help

Dont' do anything that would void your warranty. I'd call the installer before I did anything to see if he'll stand behind his product (assuming you hired someone). If you did the install yourself, there are a couple simple leak tests to rule that out.

Ok read the article. I’ll get some food coloring tomorrow and check it out. I’m wondering if a mole or some kind of animal tried coming up their. Like I’m saying it’s a cavity with no hard bottom underneath. I’m thinking a patch won’t help because theirs still a hole in the ground under the liner

A lot further than I hoped it would be sigh............................ Okay so take a pick of it in relation to your skimmer/return area for me. Have a couple of ideas.
Theirs actually to divots.

Attachments

• 3865548E-2D50-4F6A-95D5-629A4205FB0C.jpeg
    3865548E-2D50-4F6A-95D5-629A4205FB0C.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 253FB4E3-FD5E-489A-AC01-CBF7234EBB18.jpeg
    253FB4E3-FD5E-489A-AC01-CBF7234EBB18.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They are no where near the skimmer
Ah but that is a GOOD thing!!!

What I am thinking is you draining the pool and pulling the liner off as close to the "holes" as you can get BUT NOT all the way around. As little as you can get off and still get to those areas with some dirt/sand to fill in those areas.

Here is my disclaimer:
There is a danger of not being able to get the liner back on or re-stretchered.
Do NOT take it off anywhere near the skimmer/return area as I have not heard of anyone that has been able to rematch the holes so...

IF you decide to do this you will have to do it fast and while the sun is out to help you stretch the liner. It will not be fun as you many end up under the liner some and it will be hot and nasty!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.