Making the switch from pristine blue to chlorine, help!

Ulano527

Jun 14, 2020
Sewickley, Pa
Hello! I've been digging through threads to see if I can find some help but I think I might just need to ask myself.
We have a 14,700gal above ground pool that has been being treated with pristine blue. WE CAN'T GET IT CLEAR! Our pool store has been testing our water for weeks and this past week they told us we were set as "chlorine" in their system. Ugh. We have some crazy phosphate levels in the 3300 range. What recommendations to do an a cleanse and switch? Bleach? How much? We live in a heavily wooded area but the leaves usually stay out. We're just so frustrated and just waisting money at this point.

Please help us :(.

Welcome to TFP.

Pristine Blue has been adding copper sulfate to your water. Copper accumulates in the water and draining is the only way to remove it. Read Copper in Pool Water - Further Reading

First stop going to the pool store. Next get your own test kit. Either the TF-100 Test Kits or the Taylor K-2006C. Read Pool Test Kits - Further Reading

Stop adding Pristine Blue. Start adding 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily until you get your test kit.

Get PoolMath

Create your signature with details of your pool and equipment

Read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

When you get your test kit post your test results and we will figure out your next steps.

What is your fill water situation? Draining 80% of your pool may be the fastest way to start you off fresh and get rid of most of the copper and phosphates in the water.

Welcome to TFP.

Pristine Blue has been adding copper sulfate to your water. Copper accumulates in the water and draining is the only way to remove it. Read Copper in Pool Water - Further Reading

First stop going to the pool store. Next get your own test kit. Either the TF-100 Test Kits or the Taylor K-2006C. Read Pool Test Kits - Further Reading

Stop adding Pristine Blue. Start adding 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily until you get your test kit.

Get PoolMath

Create your signature with details of your pool and equipment

Read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

When you get your test kit post your test results and we will figure out your next steps.

What is your fill water situation? Draining 80% of your pool may be the fastest way to start you off fresh and get rid of most of the copper and phosphates in the water.
I am in the same boat...we just filled pilot pool since we got s new liner. Draining 80% of 30, 000 gallons I would like to avoid. I ordered thr test kit. I'll start adding the chlorine as suggested and test when it arrives

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.