Pool Started 6/25/20 on a 20x40 Central PA

Brett,

A swim out ledge works great, but will not be cleaned by most robots.. That said, it is not much of an issue as most debris drop to the floor of the pool anyway. Just brush the ledge "stuff" back into the pool and let the robot take care of it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’m thinking its a ledge a few inches deep and about 3’ below the surface. If true, I don’t see the need for them except in cases where there is a higher bond beam, say for a waterfall, where there is not good place to grab. Coping is plenty to grab on and at least one bench in the deep end. Also if true, yes it would cause a robot to stumble on each pass up and moreso down The walls. But I don’t have any real world experience, just how it hits my returns that stick out.

So this should be the final as long as we can still get the pool in this year with all of the mess going on right now. We will probably install the SR Smith truetread diving board. Gray Roman stair. Cantilever coping.
5101467A-6AE0-4BA6-96DE-6C25E34514C5.jpeg

Do we have an equipment list? Share it here so we can look it over.

Kim:kim:
Same as the original post.
-Intelliflo VS pump
-Pentair SM mod media filter (same as Sta-rite)
-EasyTouch automation. Intellicenter will be a $700 upgrade cost. Not sure it would be worth it with not having features.
- Pentair 125kBTU heat pump (possibly added later)
- 3 intellibright led lights on the long side, pointed away from the house.
-thinking I would like the SR Smith truetread diving board since my wife will not allow me to have a jumping rock ?

Unfortunately, to fit the pool where I want it, I need to shorten the total area a bit. Overall pool area is a bit too long for where I want to put it. So I need to do a 20x40 non-diving pool with interior steps or do a 18x36 diving pool with interior steps ?

What do you all think? My wife is on the Non-diving side. Kids want a diving board.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tough call. I’m a deep-end guy. Your kids are young and have a lot of diving board years left. But only half of your pool will be standable. 18x36 is big.
But 20x40 is very big. Our diving board was used a lot. But the basketball hoop was and is used more. My kids are 17/18 now.
Best of luck with that decision.

I'm with Bmore on the tough call. Here is what i can tell you though. Anytime i start thinking that i could have done XYZ differently about the pool, i go hop on a float with an ice cold beer. That beer (or tea, soda, juice, water) tastes EXPONENTIALLY better in the pool than in the living room. It matters not if i am in the deep end or the shallow end. It is just as delicious in both.

• Love
Reactions: Snoobug and kimkats
Unfortunately, to fit the pool where I want it, I need to shorten the total area a bit. Overall pool area is a bit too long for where I want to put it. So I need to do a 20x40 non-diving pool with interior steps or do a 18x36 diving pool with interior steps ?

What do you all think? My wife is on the Non-diving side. Kids want a diving board.
I would go for the biggest pool you can get. Then get the Watermelon Ball Game for it!

Sounds great! The only thing that design takes away is flip turns. Fine with me. I only swim casually and turn the old man way.

This is very similar to @Cephrael 's! But the roman stair end is different.

I love it! And I love our Roman step - I can't even image the awesomeness of an even bigger one at 16'!

If you plan on doing any type of lap swimming, get a 4 foot shallow end. That’s about the only thing I regret about mine. So far. can’t wait to open mine this season. We almost went with the full stairs at the shallow end, but decided against it.

lots of pics in my build thread, and drop box album.

We almost went with the full stairs at the shallow end, but decided against it
I really like your pool! What lighting setup do you have? Things are still changing for us! Lol, what a mess. My daughter upset with not having a diving board and deep end so now I am seeing if the builder will be ok with doing a 20x40 diving and keeping everything within that size. Good thing we got this figured our now and had some extra time with no one being able to work in PA!
Something like this:
CF2E21A2-75A1-4AFE-949C-A96AB4314EC8.jpegE54EC0DA-3904-46AE-8C02-C0AE52CA5492.jpeg

Cough.autocover.

You now have the perfect autocover pool. Probably not in the budget but so nice to have. $10-15K.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.