Pool Started 6/25/20 on a 20x40 Central PA

I really like your pool! What lighting setup do you have? Things are still changing for us! Lol, what a mess. My daughter upset with not having a diving board and deep end so now I am seeing if the builder will be ok with doing a 20x40 diving and keeping everything within that size. Good thing we got this figured our now and had some extra time with no one being able to work in PA!

if you do an 8’ deep end, it’ll change the slope from shallow end making your shallow end smaller. My wife was kinda bummed by our shallow end, but we decided the kids would win the fight for a diving area. It’s not big enough to set up a volleyball net or have a big basketball game. But it suits our purposes. Our one regret is not getting a 4’ shallow end to swim laps.

don't rush into anything and make sure everything you want is in writing.

our lights are Hayward in the pool and then the waterfalls have led strips built in.

Yeah Bmore, this pool area is already looking over $75k and there will be many more expenses I’m sure! Not good in the current ‘Rona economics!
$75k isn’t too bad. Our entire project cost $150k including everything (pool, pool house, fencing, patio) and we’re still not done with landscaping.

Our pool was more on the simple end, but our total from the PB was 49.9k. The only things not included in that were the fence (we already had it installed 3 years ago), the hydroseeding and boulder wall (those two were about $3200 together).

It's sooooo easy for that number to jump. Ours was even much better looking before we decided to add so much more concrete.

The builder was double checking with me today to make sure I like the functionality of this pool? Sitting areas ideal etc. Overall I like it but have never owned a pool. I wanted seating in the deep end. And wanted space to hang out in the shallow. Diving board and a place to shoot hoops. Seem functionally good?

Reactions: kimkats
Seem functionally good?
Know when the best time to come up with ideas is ? When you are sitting around enjoying that pool. The ideas will flow like Niagara Falls. Then you can coulda/woulda/shoulda with the rest of us.

While you are doing so, however, You will be hanging out at one Dang fine pool that you dreamt up. So there’s that. Nice job.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Know when the best time to come up with ideas is ? When you are sitting around enjoying that pool. The ideas will flow like Niagara Falls. Then you can coulda/woulda/shoulda with the rest of us.

While you are doing so, however, You will be hanging out at one Dang fine pool that you dreamt up. So there’s that. Nice job.
this is entirely true. As soon as your pool is done, somebody will post something on here and you'll be mad that you didn’t think of that during your build. Especially if you’re sipping on a cold beverage, while floating in your pool, and perusing TFP.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dig day was today! About 6 weeks late due to the dumb virus. Ended up ordering Intellicenter for a $700 upcharge. T7 diving board in Mont Blanc color. I went with four globrites down the side (yes I know they will suck later on). No heater for now until I get all of the total costs together. Cantilever coping. All of the other equipment will be the standard they provide on the list on the first page of this thread. All good stuff.
I will need to build a 3ft retaining wall on the house side also.
82371DC0-EEA7-499B-B508-4FD2F9BD5D12.jpegF29DC976-A75B-4C14-8D49-247E750DBCAA.jpeg370B97CA-3701-4383-BAB8-896465B60C93.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.