Magnetic stirrer

I also use mine for the CYA test. You just use equal amounts of pool water and R-0013 so it's easy to use a vial and the speedstir. I just use 14.6 ml of each because it will completely fill the CYA view tube when mixed.

I also have a second vial so I just pour 14.6 ml of pool water in one and 14.6 ml of R-0013 in the other and then pour one into the other and add the mixing bar and let it stir about 30 seconds.

You could also use a syringe and add it that way. I have a 10 cc syringe that I use occasionally.

It actually does away with the wait, as the wait allows the melamine to evenly distribute throughout the liquid. With the speedstir, that's not an issue, but that's not the biggest issue to me. The biggest advantage (in my mind) is not having to handle the CYA mixing bottle and not having to manually "shake" it. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.