chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Got my new Active 60/M600 from Marina's and started using it and 1st and 2nd time it errored out and didn't finish either cycle, the error says something that it thought it was out of water. Third try it finally worked but didn't do a good job at all, left sediment along the corners of the bottom of the pool. Took over manual controls and tried to drive over the left over mess(fine particles sand like) it let me drive it some and noticed when I drove it forward it would lift itself off the bottom of the pool. Spent 20 mins trying to get a few spots then the robot shuts off and does not respond. Reset it and tried again and had the same problem. Got frustrated and pulled it out and cleaned it thoroughly. Last night I sent it on 2 cycles start of the night and early in the morning. Checked when I woke up it had completed both cycles but the pool still had that sediment. Tried the manual controls thinking maybe the robot had to break in and it would work but it had the same problem it shuts off after controlling for a few minutes. Tried calling Marina's during business hours a couple different times but no one answered. When I look at the app it shows a history tab and has a couple entries from 2018 with 600hrs and 700hrs of use with operational errors, did I get a refurbished robot? What am I doing wrong?

@GeorgeChicago
Really sorry to hear about your experiences with the Active 60/M600 from Marina Pool, Spa and Patio. I have a new Active 60 and I couldn't be happier with it and it is exceeding my expectations in every way.
Yea, getting in touch with Marina via the phone is definitely challenging, I agree.
Send Margaret an email and explain everything that you did here. Put your phone number in the email, so she can call you back.
I have no doubt that she will make this right as what you are saying sounds really weird.

Here is an email address to try.
[email protected]

I hope this all gets made right for you asap...
r.

Used your email yesterday morning and still no response. I have been running it multiple times each day and it will complete the 2hr cleaning now, but it just keeps missing the same spots. I am very discouraged with this. $1400 for something to work sub par.

It is completing its cycles now regularly, but it still leaves the pool not fully cleaned. I manually controlled the bot and picked up the sediment(took about 45 mins). It took a while because the bot shutting down on its own and getting error messages. I screen grabbed one to show. Yes the blue cable is fully attached. Still no reply from Marina pools.

1623865403113.png
1623865614171.png
1623865626267.png

Still no email reply. Yesterday the bot had an update that took over 24 hours to install, kept saying upgrading firmware. After the 24 hours I hit the power button and it reset and was ready to go. Here is the history showing the crazy 900+hours before I even owned it.
1624035680385.png

That's really frustrating to hear. I know they have the best prices but being able to somehow manage calls and emails should be implemented. I purchased an Active 30 from them recently but won't have my pool ready for another few weeks so hopefully won't have any issues since I haven't been able to test it in anyway. I'm hoping these weren't rejects or something becuase on the site it said they were sold out, but then via email she said she had a handful of Active 30's so either they got them in or these have some issues. From opening it though it looks like everything is brand new and not used.

Hope you get an answer to your questions and concerns. I'll be following.

Just trying to buy one took me about 3 weeks of calling and emailing before I finally heard back.

Bypass Marina and go directly to Maytronics, they have poor support after the sale. If and when you do get a reply from Marina they will tell you that it is a warranty issue. I have the same issue with my M600 app, the history showed that it had been used numerous time all the way back to 2017. Maytronics tech support for the app is off shore and is worthless as a bag of barber hair.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.