Lueder Coping Question

Jim E.

Apr 20, 2021
Austin, TX
Hi all,

New member here and have a pool under construction. Tile and lueder coping have been installed and as I walked the site, I noticed many of the coping stones with these horizontal lines in it. Is it from when the stone was cut at stone suppliers shop? If so should that side have been placed down. Is this normal and can it be ground smooth. I've attached a couple of pictures and would like to get some opinions.

Thanks.

IMG_3967.jpgIMG_3968.jpg

Jim

sigh....................someone did not take their time. That needs to be redone as the PB's expense. What does the sample look like? Do you have any left on the site? Look at them and see if they are correct. Those lines are for "holding" the mortar better.

maybe they installed backwards? they can probably grind that and match the other surface but I think it needs to be resolved by the PB.. If you bought the coping separate from your PB but they just provided installation then you might be in trouble...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.