Lowes is rolling out a crappy new bleach

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
So the trend in bleach of revolving off-brands, lower concentrations, mystery ingredients. smaller containers, and higher prices continues. Submitted for your approval is "Moxie Outdoor Bleach" which I encountered at the Lowes pool section today. There is no indication of percentage on the bottle or website. I suspect it is 5% or perhaps lower. There was a new sign there saying 1 gallon equals two pucks. $4.95 per "gallon" (121 oz). I had to buy a few gallons because I'm out and Walmart has been bone dry all summer.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The add says it is 'thickened'. Do not add that to your pool.

Reactions: borjis

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Polymer. Could foam, leave a sticky substance at your water line or in your skimmer, could gum up the filter.

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
That's not good. So now I'm even more riled than I already was. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to return it and see how that goes.

This town is out of usable bleach.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I looked it up and it was there....then. Just now I've tried looking again and now I don't see the quantity. <shrug> I guess its just the vagaries of the internet?

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Ha! No.... the avatar isn't really *me*.... it just seemed like a summer fun one. I've debated changing that for just that reason....but to what???

dntboles

Jun 29, 2019
Boerne, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
On the Lowe's site folks have asked for the concentration and the reply from VanHearron, Inc is "3 - 6%." That's a huge difference.

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Well I made it back to the same location today and they had the good 10% stuff restocked. They allowed me to return the Moxie without any hassle. So that's good.

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
What is the 10% stuff normally branded as?

It is typically Pool Essentials, although they have Kem-Tek from time to time.

I've been keeping stocked up since this post, they usually are stocked every other time I check. I look forward to the date when they are listing their inventory on the website again.

BowserB

Silver Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
"Old" Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
If Pool Essentials is a brand, that is available at Walmart, too.WalmartChlorine.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread