Lower PH without lowering TA

Welcome to TFP!

I certainly wouldn't call 100 TA low, even if you are using trichlor pucks to chlorinate that is an acceptable TA. To answer the question though there isn't an easy way to lower pH without lowering TA in a residential pool. You can just lower your pH as you normally would though, the TA adjustment will be minor.

I can say that neither the pH nor the TA is causing the cloudiness. If those test results are accurate (they appear to be pool store numbers, which I'm afraid are notoriously unreliable) then your FC level is very low when factoring in the high CYA level. That means algae. We have a procedure that can fix this called the SLAM Process if you would like to investigate it further.

Your pH is not abnormally high and your TA is not low. Any pH in the 7s is ok. I would just lower your pH using MA to 7.6.

Where did those test results come from? Our experience is pool store tests are often not accurate and you should adjust your chemistry based on your won testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.