Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I will close my pool on Sunday for the season. Recent tests show all levels within appropriate ranges. With pH of 7.8 and water temp of 55, I get a CSI of -.17. As water temp drops, Pool Math shows that CSI also drops. If I lower pH to 7.6, CSI drops even more. Should I just leave the pH where it's at and proceed with closing? Also.... what's the lowest water temp I should enter in Pool Math to get an accurate CSI for the winter months?

As the water temps falls, the pH will rise. To some degree they help to counter-balance each other. TFP closing instructions state to lower pH to about 7.4 - 7.6 at closing which allows a bit of time for later when the water temps really crash, but allows for the pH to rise. As for a water temp in Poolmath, you might enter an average water temp are for your area based on the next 4 - 5 months.

Thanks, Splash. I realized that I asked this same question on the Forum about this time last year... but I appreciate the "refresher". Dropped the pH down a little bit today. Should be good to go for closing on Sunday.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.