Low speed won’t come on....

GMTK

Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
I reprogrammed my RS8 about two weeks ago after I found out that I’ve been running 24 hours a day and seven days a week. I’ve noticed that the low speed pump won’t turn on. The current programming is for the high-speed pump to run from 7 AM to 6 PM. And I had a low-speed running from 6 PM to 10 PM. The high-speed is running fine and at 6 o’clock it turns off but the low-speed does not turn on. I’ve gone in and tried to reprogram it again and even set the low-speed to turn on at 5:59 PM and once I do that and hit enter it shows it’s working and will prime the high-speed pump and the low-speed will take over and run to the designated point. But then I go back today on the low-speed should be on and it’s not. I’m open to any suggestions

Attachments

ogdento

Bronze Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Chico, CA
To diagnose this it seems like you need to determine if it's 1. the programming, 2. the outdoor control board, 3. the pump relay (assuming there's a 2-speed relay for that pump), or 4. the pump itself.

Sounds like you've got #1, the programming, checked... I'm not familiar with the Jandy boards so I'm not sure how to check #2 to make sure the outdoor board is telling the pump to run at low, but you could check #3, the pump relay, to make sure it's energizing the proper coil.

Got any photos of your outdoor board and it's connections?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
I suspect you have a problem with the Aux relay the low speed wiring is connected to or a problem with the low speed wiring.

Post a pic of the motor data plate and the inside wiring of your load center panel.

GMTK

Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
Think I figured it out. You have to program the high speed pump to run at the same time as the low speed. So in my instance I have the high speed going from 7a-10p and the low speed from 6p-10p. So far, it appears to be working as designed.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Think I figured it out. You have to program the high speed pump to run at the same time as the low speed. So in my instance I have the high speed going from 7a-10p and the low speed from 6p-10p. So far, it appears to be working as designed.
(y)