Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I have a leak on the cap of my Jandy TruClear SWG. I have ordered a new o ring. In the meantime, I have noticed there is no leak when my 2 speed pump is on low. My question is does my SWG still produce chlorine when the flow is low or only on high? Record high heat in central Indiana this week and I don’t want to lose chlorine and have issues.

The water is gurgling around in there.
FC just tested and is holding at my normal 8 ppm FC and cya 80. I did not want to assume it was being generated and get a surprise decrease in FC. Thanks for the help.

You should be able to run your pump on low speed all the time, except when you want to run the Polaris, it may need high speed.

Oh and a beautiful TFP sparkle picture just because the wind is making the water sparkle and dance this morning.

Attachments

• 5E5EA873-2616-4CCE-B7FF-CC78E8CF3254.jpeg
    5E5EA873-2616-4CCE-B7FF-CC78E8CF3254.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Lskul60
I do need to run on high when I use the Polaris. I have high speed on a timer and it only kicks on a few hours a day during the peak time we swim, otherwise it’s on low all day. Now that I know chlorine is being generated on low speed I can back the high speed down a little more. Good to know!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.