Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
so my SWG is registering low salt as of Friday but I was swamped and couldn't do anything til today. My pool is closing in 2 weeks. I went to the pool store and he told me he wouldn't buy salt for 2 more weeks and to just add a gallon of chlorine every 3/4 days. I went to CVS to get some bleach but they only had clorox with cloromax for regular bleach. I got home and searched here and i guess it's not good. I used some of it because my FC is 4.5 and I need to be at 6, so since it's been a couple days I added some to get it back up to 6. what should I do now? Return it and search out plain bleach? Or can I use it for the 2 weeks left? also, how much should I add now? Do what the pool guy said, or something else? since I have a SWG I have no idea how to maintain on chlorine.

Follow the FC/CYA Levels for a non-SWCG pool.

The cloromax is a polymer. It may foam up in your pool, it can also leave a film on your waterline and in your skimmer.

If it is what you have, and you are not seeing any foaming, use it up. Just do not buy more of it.

You should test your CYA. every month during swim season. If you started at 80 in the spring, I suspect it is much lower now unless you have been adding some.

Regardless, use 10% of CYA as your target level FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.