Summary: Out of the tap my water has low-ish pH (7.2) and high TA (120). The TA has been stable but the pH keeps dropping. over the past 6 weeks I keep adding borax to raise pH but not affect TA and it works, but then after a week or two the pH drops again. I've scoured the TFP forums and Google and cannot find any answers so hopefully someone here can help me.
- 7300 gallon pool
- Chlorinated with Clorox 3" Trichlor tabs
- Pool is always covered overnight until ~2pm with a blue solar cover (bubble wrap type)
- The 2-speed 1.5 HP cartridge pump runs 24/7 at low speed and the pool is crystal clear
- Latest measurements as of yesterday (Aug 5, 2020):
- FC = 5.0
- pH = 7.1
- TA = 120
- CYA = 60
- Temp = 92 F
- Is it normal for pH to drop but TA to remain the same?
- Is it OK to keep periodically adding Borax to raise pH? I know borates stay in the water.