Low PH, Alkalinity, and CYA

Ljo45

Aug 27, 2021
Texas
1st summer with a pool (20,000 SWG with a cartridge filter). Pool is turning green so after testing it, I added PH up yesterday and it’s good this morning. I can’t find stabilizer anywhere! Don’t I need to get PH, CYA, and alkalinity right before dumping a bunch of liquid chlorine in?

Attachments

• 4F195ACF-4322-478B-9F4E-200E08EAC544.jpeg
    4F195ACF-4322-478B-9F4E-200E08EAC544.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Ok thank you! I have a Poolmaster 5-way test kit, but have been looking at ones that test CYA, etc. I'll look at that the one you suggested. I got this reading from our local store.

The Pool master kit should be able to provide you a TC, if under 5 ppm, the pH, if the TC is under 5 ppm, and the TA.

Do not use pool store tests. We will not provide guidance based on them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.